Register at your department

Once you have been admitted to Stockholm University you need to register at your department. Registration is normally done at the beginning of each semester. 

Your department will provide you with the relevant details. If you have not received information about registration you can contact your department directly. 

Find your department

Some departments have online registration which you will be able to access with your university account.

Register online

If there are extenuating circumstances, a student accepted onto an undergraduate or master's degree course may defer the commencement of their studies.

Study deferrals are granted, in the first instance, for studies of longer duration, such as study programmes. In exceptional cases deferral of course commencement may be granted. Study deferrals may be granted, however, for courses that require studies of at least 30 credits on the grounds of national service or civil defence duties.

The applicant must him or herself apply for deferral and verify the reason for the deferral by providing documentation such as a doctor's certificate, child's birth certificate, call-up papers or an employer's letter stating that the applicant has not been granted a leave of absence. Deferrals are normally granted until the commencement of the next academic semester, or academic year if the programme only starts once a year, but deferrals may be granted for up to three academic semesters.

The application should either be submitted by surface mail to Student Services, Admissions Office, Stockholm University, SE-106 91, Stockholm, Sweden, or be sent by email to with the certificates attached.


Student Services

For IT support, please use Serviceportalen to contact Helpdesk.

New student