Study with us
Education Beyond Business - at Stockholm Business School, SBS, we educate business students to take more responsible decisions and actions.
We want SBS's students to be prepared to lead the societal changes needed to meet local and global, contemporary and future, challenges - both ecological and societal.
Why Stockholm Business School?
Stockholm University is one of the 200 highest ranked universities in the world and a leading European university in one of the world’s most dynamic capitals.
Since 1878, Stockholm University has been characterized by openness and innovation. More than 70 000 undergraduate and Master’s students, 1800 doctoral students and over 5000 members of staff make it the largest institution of higher education in Sweden.
Stockholm Business School – Business and Beyond
Stockholm Business School (SBS) is one of the largest departments at Stockholm University. At SBS we equip you with knowledge and skills of business studies while also allowing you to develop a strong sense of self and a deeper understanding of the world around you.
- Education beyond business. Our education is interdisciplinary, creative and challenges traditional assumptions.
- Global career opportunities. Our education provides a solid platform for a career within international business, NGOs and public sector organisations, in Sweden and abroad.
- Experienced faculty. Enjoy the benefits of a highly skilled and experienced faculty who base their courses on the latest within research.
- International environment. People of many different nationalities, with contacts throughout the world, contribute to the creation of a highly international atmosphere at SBS.
- Unique location. SBS is located in Stockholm, the beautiful capital city of Sweden where tradition meets innovation. We capitalize on our location in one of the largest hubs for business and education in Northern Europe and attract bright minds from all over the world.
Meet our students
Meet Dominik, Elia, Olivia and Ben and learn more about what it's like to study at Stockholm Business School.
Meet Stuart Penney, a former Erasmus student at Stockholm Business School
Stuart Penny studied a Honours degree in International Business Management during 2001-2006 at the University of Plymouth in the UK, with an Erasmus exchange year in 2004 at Stockholm Business School.
- The Erasmus programme gave me the ideal chance to combine my International Business degree in the UK and integrate my studies with a year at the Stockholm Business School, Stuart says.
Meet our teachers
Karin Berglund is Professor in Business Administration with specialisation in entrepreneurship. She is Deputy Head of Department and teaches courses on entrepreneurship and social change to master students.
Read more about Karin Berglund, Professor in Business Administration
”Teaching is incredibly rewarding and fun. I feel that this is probably where academics like me can make the biggest impact. We are lucky to have really talented students on our master’s programme and I continuously learn from them as well.”
"I bring many examples from my research into the classroom for enhanced critical thinking. I think students enjoy it, their feedback tells me so!"
Student life at Stockholm Business School
Stockholm Business School Student Association, Föreningen Ekonomerna
The International Committee at Stockholm Business School Student Association, Föreningen Ekonomerna, looks after exchange students and organises the Senior Buddy Program. The association consists of a number of committees, mästerier and projects which together form the operational activities. The association is represented by students in several decision-making bodies like the Stockholm Business School board, the undergraduate board and the faculty board. Its Education Committee works to further advance student influence at the School and to ensure that the education is of highest quality.
Study in Stockholm
Stockholm offers everything you expect to find in a cosmopolitan city: beautiful architecture, trendy shopping, museums, theatres, night clubs, international food and a music scene that attracts stars nationwide and globally.
On top of that you are met by stunning waterfront views almost wherever you go, as the city is built on fourteen islands.
How to get a degree
Once you have completed your program or your free-standing courses, you can apply for a degree. If you have read your last course at the Department of Business Administration, you will receive a degree from Stockholm University (only applies to bachelor's level).
Last updated: March 1, 2023