Incoming exchange students
Stockholm University Information
Application Guide for Incoming Exchange Students
This is a short step-by-step guide for incoming exchange students within the Erasmus+ programme at the Department of Culture and Aesthetics, Stockholm University.
- Control that there is a valid Erasmus+ exchange agreement between your home university and Department of Culture and Aesthetics. A list of exchange partners is found here. Exchange Partners 2022/2023 (289 Kb)
- Check the list of courses at Department of Culture and Aesthetics taught in English.
- Contact the local exchange coordinator at your home university for further information about the nomination as an outgoing exchange student.
- Ask your local exchange coordinator to send your nomination by email to email@example.com. Deadline for the nomination for the studies for Autumn semester 2022 and academic year 2022/2023 is 1 April, 2022. Deadline for Spring semester 2023 is 2 September, 2022.
Once the nomination has been submitted by your local exchange coordinator, the exchange coordinator at the Department of Culture Aesthetics will provide you with an Application Package.
- Return complete Application Package (Application Form, Transcript of Records, Statement of Purpose/Motivation Letter and Certificate /Transcript of Records for Swedish language for the courses taught in Swedish - optional) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 29 April, 2022 or 29 September, 2022.
Exchange coordinator at Department of Culture and Aesthetics will send Letter of Acceptance, Welcoming Letter and other practical information to you by e-mail. Stockholm University´s Housing Office will contact all accepted exchange students by e-mail for the housing application.
- Complete your Learning Agreement with the course selection and signatures before your arrival in Stockholm.
Academic calendar 2022–2023
- Autumn semester 2022: 29 August, 2022 – 15 January, 2023
- Spring semester 2023: 16 January – 4 June
Fact Sheet for International Exchange Partners and Students 2021-2022
|Name of University||
|Department||Department of Culture and Aesthetics|
|Address||Frescativägen 24 E, 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden|
|Phone||+46 8 16 20 00 (Switchboard)|
Maarit Hämäläinen, email: email@example.com
As one of the largest universities in Sweden, with over 70,000 undergraduate and master's students, Stockholm University offers unprecedented access to teaching and research facilities. Stockholm University, located in Sweden's capital city, is the region’s center for higher education and research in humanities, law, the natural and social sciences, and a focus for the work of leading international researchers. In the heart of Sweden's only national urban park, the University is surrounded by natural beauty, whilst being only a few minutes journey from the city center.
|Language of instruction||
Swedish and English.
|Full time study load credits||30 credits per semester. Courses normally contain 7.5, 15 or 30 credits. Students can choose four 7.5 credit courses or two 15 credits courses or any other combination. One week of full-time studies equals 1.5 credits. The workload is 40 hours per week, including lectures, readings, assignments, seminars, independent studies.|
|Nomination||All students must have an official nomination from their home university to be eligible for exchange studies at the Department of Culture and Aesthetics. The exchange coordinator from the home university is to send nominations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 1 April. Nominated students will receive appliction form from the exchange coordinator at the Department of Culture and Aesthetics.|
Autumn semester: Nomination – 1 April, Application – 30 April
Spring semester: Nomination – 2 September, Application – 1 October
|Application||Completed package with application form, Transcript of Records, Statement of Purpose / Motivation Letter and Certificate / ToR for the courses taught in Swedish (optional) to be sent by email to exchange coordinator at email@example.com. Deadline is 29 April.|
|Language requirements||English B2 for courses taught in English
Swedish B2 for courses taught in Swedish
|Swedish language course||
Swedish language courses on different levels are offered for free by the Department of Swedish Language and Multilingualism to all incoming exchange students. Go to website
More information about language courses are given during the Orientation Day.
|Transcript of record||Transcripts of records are sent to the home university approximately one month after the end of the semester.|
|General information||Information is found at Apply for accommodation exchange students|
|Application||Housing Office will contact accepted students.|
|Registration||Course registrations are made at the department.|
|Cost of Living||An average student budget|
|Getting to the University and Campus Maps|
Additional student resources
The Department of Culture and Aesthetics offers courses in Art History, History of Ideas, Literature, Musicology, Theatre and Performance Studies. The range of courses differ from semester to semester.
Last updated: March 4, 2022
Source: Department of Culture and Aesthetics