Study abroad

Being able to study for one or two semesters abroad is a fantastic opportunity to experience a new academic environment and increase your understanding for other countries' cultures, language and society. You can study abroad either through the university's central agreements, MISU's departmental agreement or as a so-called Free Mover.

You will find extensive information about studying abroad on SU's webpage Go International.

Check out the webpage Naturvetare i världen - SU-studenter på äventyr (in Swedish) for examples of SU students who are or have been abroad.


Stockholm University's exchange agreements

Stockholm University's exchange agreements are available at two levels: department level and central level. There are different application processes for them so make sure to identify which level you are applying for.

More about Exchange studies

MISU has ERASMUS+ agreements with several universities in Germany and one in Prague, Czech Republic.

University of Rostock - Institute of Physics - Subject: Meteorology

Goethe University in Frankfurt - Institute for Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences

Charles University in Prague - Department of Low Temperature Physics - Subject: Meteorology

University of Leipzig - Leipzig Institute for Meteorology (LIM)

Universität Hamburg - Meteorologisches Institut

If you are interested in going on an Erasmus exchange to any of these universities, please contact the Study Advisor.

Students at Stockholm University can apply for an Erasmus fellowship to become a trainee at a company or an organisation in one of the countries that are part of the Erasmus programme. For more information, visit Erasmus+ traineeship abroad.

Within the EU and EES, students should order a European Health Insurance Card from Försäkringskassan and primarily use that for health services.  It is frree and valid for 3 years. This gives the student the right to necessary healthcare at the same rate as the country's own inhabitants.

Försäkringskassan's information about the European Health Insurance Card.

Student OUT insurance

Stockholm University offers a group insurance, Student OUT, for all exchange students who study or have traineeships abroad for 1 or 2 semesters. It is managed by Kammarkollegiet and does not cost anything for the student. The student needs to be registered for studying abroad under a valid agreement in LADOK.

Read more about Student OUT at Karmmarkollegiets home page

You can also arrange for studying abroad unrelated to Stockholm University, as a so-called Free Mover. In that case you organise your studies yourself without support or financial assistance from Stockholm University.

Contact the Exchange Coordinator

If you are interested in studying abroad via MISU's departmental agreement or have other questions, please contact MISU's Exchange Coordinator and Study Counselor.



Study counselor
Student office
On this page