This page is a complement to Stockholm University's employee website for employees at the Department of Geological Sciences.
Environmental action plan, reports and travel statistics for IGV
Travel and meetings
Travel and meeting policy for Stockholm University
Digitala möten och videokonferenser vid universitetet (page only available in Swedish)
Purchase and procurement
- Purchase and procurement are among the university activities with the largest environmental imprint. Therefore it is important to make environmentally good choices when purchasing. The document Regler för inköp och upphandling (Rules for purchase and procurement, only in Swedish) states that the University's Environmental Policy applies to all purchases and procurement. Information in English about procurement.
- Upphandlingshandboken (The Procurement handbook, only in Swedish) has information on environmental and social requirements (Miljökrav och sociala krav) to prioritize in procurement.
- Working with chemicals in the field or laboratory entails risks of emissions to water, air or ground. Everybody working with chemicals must be familiar with and follow the routines of SU and IGV. Primarily this means the Stockholm University Chemical Handling Procedure (72 Kb) and Safety regulations for IGV ( Safety Procedures 2019 (163 Kb) . Further information about chemical management is available at Sustainable Campus, https://www.su.se/sustainablecampus/how-to-do/chemical-management.
- To make sure Stockholm University follows the law on transport of dangerous goods, the university safety advisor for dangerous goods must be contacted before chemicals are transported outside of campus. Read more at Sustainable Campus, https://www.su.se/sustainablecampus/how-to-do/chemical-management/transporting-chemicals.
- To prevent spread of pests the regulations Statens jordbruksverks föreskrifter (SJVFS 1996:13) om införsel från tredje land eller förflyttning inom Europeiska unionen (EU) av växter m.m. för vetenskapligt ändamål must be followed. The wording "soil and other growing substrate intended for experiments, ...., or other scientific activity" means this can apply to activity at IGV. Information on import of soil and other growing substrates can be found at the Swedish Board of Agriculture. Here you can also apply for exception to the plant protection rules.
To save energy, please remember to always:
- Turn off the lights when you leave your office for lunch and meetings.
- Turn off screens and machines and unplug chargers not in use.
- In the laboratory, keep the fume hoods closed when not in use.
- Consider the energy efficiency when buying new electrical equipment.
Read more about saving energy at Sustainable Campus.
Meeting calendar for Spring term 22
|Grundutbildningsberedningen (GB)/The undergraduate education committee||1 Jan.||13.00|
|Tarfalastyrelse (TS)/Board meeting Tarfala||11 Jan.||09.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||17 Jan.||10.00|
|Arbetsutskottet (AU)/Working committee – faculty||18 Jan.||13.00|
|Ledningsgrupp (LG)/Management meeting||19 Jan.||09.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||24 Jan.||10.00|
|Sektionsberedningen (SB)/Section committee||27 Jan.||10.00|
|Måndagsmöte (VA)/Monday meeting||31 Jan.||10.00|
|Områdesnämnd (ON)/Faculty board||3 Feb.||13.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||7 Feb.||10.00|
|Prefektmöte (PM)/Prefekt meeting||9 Feb.||15.00|
|Styrelsemöte Bolincentret (BC)/Board meeting Bolin centre||10 Feb.||10.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||14 Feb.||10.00|
|Måndagsmöte (VA)/Monday meeting||21 Feb.||10.00|
|Grundutbildningsberedningen (GB)/The undergraduate education committee||7 Mars||13.00|
|Ledningsgrupp (LG)/Management meeting||8 Mars||09.00|
|Styrelsemöte IGV (BM-IGV EKONOMI)/Board meeting IGV||10 Mars||13.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM och VA – ekonomi)/Monday meeting||14 Mars||10.00|
|Arbetsutskottet (AU)/Working committee – faculty||15 Mars||10.00|
|Tarfalastyrelse (TS)/Board meeting Tarfala||17 Mars||09.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||21 Mars||10.00|
|Sektionsberedningen (SB)/Section committee||24 Mars||10.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||28 Mars||10.00|
|Områdesnämnd (ON)/Faculty board||31 Mars||13.00|
|Måndagsmöte (VA)/Monday meeting||4 April||10.00|
|Styrelsemote Bolincentret (BC)/Board meeting Bolin centre||7 April||10.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||11 April||10.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||18 April||10.00|
|Ledningsgrupp (LG)/Management meeting||20 April||09.00|
|Möte miljoplan och kollegium om nya programmet/Collegiate on Environment and Education||21 April||all-day|
|Måndagsmöte (VA)/Monday meeting||25 April||10.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||2 May||10.00|
|Prefektmote (PM)/Prefekt meeting||5 May||15.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||9 May||10.00|
|Grundutbildningsberedningen (GB)/The undergraduate education committee||9 May||13.00|
|Tarfalastyrelse (TS)/Board meeting Tarfala||12 May||09.00|
|Måndagsmöte (VA)/Monday meeting||16 May||10.00|
|Arbetsutskottet (AU)/Working committee – faculty||17 May||13.00|
|Ledningsgrupp (LG)/Management meeting||19 May||09.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||23 May||10.00|
|Styrelsemöte IGV (BM-IGV)/Board meeting IGV||24 May||13.00|
|Sektionsberedningen (SB)/Section committee||25 May||10.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||30 May||10.00|
|Områdesnämnd (ON)/Faculty board||2 June||13.00|
|Styrelsemote Bolincentret (BC)/Board meeting Bolin centre||9 June||10.00|
|Måndagsmöte (MM)/Monday meeting||13 June||10.00|
Terms of employment
Here you can find information about working hours, illness and medical care, different types of leave, holidays and insurance and pension.
Expence claim & invoicing and purchases
Expenses are reported by the employee directly in primula, copies of receipts are scanned in and attached to the case. The originals are delivered to the financial administrator.
All purchases at IGV must follow the guidelines for procurement at Stockholm University. The University's Environmental Policy applies to all procurement. The needs and goals of the department must govern all procurement, so that contracts, services and goods have the right quality, with the least possible environmental impact and at the cost that is most economically advantageous in the long term.
Schauki Karim is a certified purchasing coordinator at the Department of Geological Sciences/IGV-464 and responsible for purchasing and procurement. He is also the contact person at the purchasing unit/Procurement unit at the Finance department.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding purchasing, procurement, direct procurement for sums exceeding SEK 100,000 via the Direct Procurement Portal Visma, and to find procured suppliers via both the agreement catalog/SU and avrops.se.
For more information please go to SU's website.
Secondary employment means any activity alongside a staff member’s work that cannot be regarded as part of his or her private life. Secondary employment can be either paid or unpaid.
Employees should report secondary employment in the HR system Primula.
Teachers should do this continuously and on their own initiative. Other employees are only required to report secondary employment in Primula, if the employer requests it.
Agreement with new travel agency, Egencia, applies from July 1, 2019. The travel agency has been contracted in accordance with the Swedish Public Procurement Act.
The agreement means that it obliges everyone at the university to buy their business travel with them.
Stockholm University and SJ AB have an agreement on business travel by train.
Train tickets can be bought directly from SJ.
Krisplan 2021–2022 (185 Kb)
Miljöhandlingsplan för 2020 (55 Kb)
Policies för fältarbete (213 Kb)
Safety regulations (350 Kb)
Vacation policy (148 Kb)
Verksamhetsplan för IGV – 2021/2022 (102 Kb)
Anteckningar/Notes, 23 May 2022. (80 Kb)
Anteckningar/Notes, 16 May 2022. (79 Kb)
Anteckningar/Notes, 2 May 2022. (83 Kb)
Monday meetings archive
The Stockholm University section for safety and security is available around the clock seven days per week (24/7) on phone (08) 16 22 16 or (08) 16 42 00. Please read the Evacuation Plan instructions, located at the entrance of each corridor. In the case of a fire alarm, leave the building immediately.
Chemical Handling Procedure (72 Kb)
Gaskännedom och gashantering (865 Kb)
Gas risks (93 Kb)
Handling gas cylinders (97 Kb)
Labansvariga (269 Kb)
Safety regulations (350 Kb)
Storing gas cylinders (89 Kb)
More information about working with gas and gas bottles can be found at www.aga.se/en
December 2021 (147 Kb)
September 2021 (2881 Kb)
June 2021 (1394 Kb)
April 2021 (245 Kb)
March 2021 (194 Kb)
February 2021 (229 Kb)
December 2020 (335 Kb)
September 2020 (254 Kb)
June 2020 (196 Kb)
Mars 2020 (234 Kb)
December 2019 (2145 Kb)
September 2019 (2724 Kb)
May 2019 (504 Kb)
January 2019 (759 Kb)
September 2018 (1855 Kb)
Security & emergency
Stockholm University has a tip line for students and staff. Here it is possible to report crimes, threats, harassment or other matters concerning security at the university. Checklists for crises can also be downloaded.
The department has a local action plan if a crisis or danger should occur at the department.
Krisplan 2021–2022 (185 Kb)
Riskbedomning IGV 2021–2022 (6515 Kb)
A cardiac starter is located outside Krister's room S2 in floor 2. No formal training is needed to use the cardiac starter. Instructions on how to use it is attached to the machine.
Information for Researchers
Here you can find advice, support, service as a researcher at Stockholm University.
What is special about EU projects? The special thing about EU projects is that they legally binds the whole university to the project.
Open access and Open data at Stockholm University
There is a requirement that peer-reviewed publications should be published in Open Access. On this page you will find some useful information regarding Open Access and Open data i Horizon 2020.
Contact information: advice, service and support for researchers
Several of the Offices within the University Administration offer their services and support to researchers at Stockholm University.
Compilations of research funding opportunities
Information for PhD students
Individual project evaluation form (501 Kb)
Evaluation of risks in connection with various activities.
Riskbedomning IGV 2021–2022 (6515 Kb)
Lecture halls booking system
You can book IGV lectures halls through the link below.
Staff web at SU
At medarbetarwebben you should be able to find all information for you as an employee and also information about internal training, courses and lectures in different areas.
Stockholm University medarbetarwebb
Stockholm University staff events
Stockholm University staff news
Last updated: May 24, 2022
Source: Department of Geological Sciences